Plymouth U3A enjoys a unique partnership with Plymouth University This partnership gives our members access to lectures and seminar series, ‘behind the scenes’ campus tours, facilities and many other special events including talks from academic experts and contemporary art exhibitions, performances, music and films. Other benefits include support for U3A members with use of new technology and social media, free eyecare with optometry students and library access.
The University promotes the benefits of U3A membership to its retiring staff and encourages new members to get involved. In turn our U3A members add value to both the student and staff experience at Plymouth, including:
- supporting international students with their English language skills, through the languages café and inter-cultural exchanges
- helping both home and international students who are new to Plymouth
- receiving and critiquing student presentations
- taking part in research projects, from dry eye research and statistical literacy, to perceptions of the legal system and investigating the effects of ageing
- participating in activities designed to enhance student employability, including career mentoring
At Plymouth U3A we have a dedicated University liaison officer and specialist subject coordinators who unlock opportunities for members in areas such as the arts, health and well‐being, science and technology and languages. Regular communications with our members and steering group meetings ensure further development of this nationally-renowned, mutually beneficial partnership. To explore new opportunities with Plymouth University please contact our University Liaison committee member through the website Contact Form.